Compliance with the Undue Influence regulation (16 CFR 1107.24) is mandatory for companies manufacturing children’s products.
This training module provides Children’s Product Manufacturers and/or Importers of Record and their employees, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, board members and anyone who is authorized to act on the company’s behalf with the safeguard they would need to avoid attempts to exercise undue influence on third-party conformity assessment bodies (laboratories) engaged in the certification testing of their products.
The course objectives include obtaining information directly related to:
- Why do Children’s Product Manufacturers and/or Importers of Record need to test their products?
- Process by which a Third-Party Conformity Assessment Body tests products
- Responsibility of the Employee under the Undue Influence Policy
- Responsibility of the Employer under the Undue Influence Policy
- How is the policy monitored by the Company?
- How is the policy audited by the Company?
- How is the policy transparent?
- What is Undue Influence?
- How is Undue Influence Reported?
- How are allegations of Undue Influence Reported to the CPSC anonymously?
- What happens after a report of Undue Influence?
Each trainee receives a Certificate of Completion upon completion of training module and has access to your company escalation plan, Undue Influence reporting form and a “who to contact” sheet, with your company compliance managers contact info.